Thursday 16 June 2016

Times Two

I woke up on Tuesday morning and realised I was alone. I smiled remembering last night. I ended up arriving just as the pizza did. Brandon had already paid for it, so I just tripped the guy and knocked on his door. He swung the door open and raised his eyebrow as he took in my trench coat and stilettos. 

Taking my hand he led me to the table without saying a word. He opened the pizza box and handed me a slice. He lifted me onto the table, and then placed an arm on either side of me. I took a bite of the pizza, unsure as to what else to do. His intense stare was unnerving. He grabbed my wrist gently, and guided the pizza into his mouth, taking a bite and then threw the slice back into the box. Running his hands down my jacket, he undid the knot and opened the panels. His gaze deepened as he took in my naked body. My pulse quickened and I swallowed. So far neither one of us had said a word, and that was making this so much more erotic. 

He reached up and slipped the material off of me, laying it out like a blanket behind me. He pushed my legs apart and sank to his knees.

“Lay back,” he ordered. I didn’t hesitate to do as I was told. I grasped at the sides of the table as he worked his way up my legs, inside my thighs and then into my centre. I couldn’t help it. I pushed myself up onto my elbows so I could look at him. At first all I could see was his dark hair falling into his eyes as he explored every inch of me. I started to buck with the pleasure but I couldn’t tear my eyes away. He raised his eyes up to match my stare. Lowering his head he picked up the pace and buried his tongue inside me.My breath caught in my throat as my body started thrashing under him. I fell back onto the table and let the waves take over me.

I jumped up out of bed. The flashes from last night made me ready for another go. I wanted to surprise Brandon in the shower. I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. I quietly opened the door, and tiptoed to the shower. I silently pulled back the curtain and took in the site of his toned body, covered in soap with water cascading down.

Reaching in, my hand made contact with his back. He yelled and jumped, the jerk reaction caused him to slip on the wet floor. While he never actually fell, thank God, he did go over on his ankle, twisting it pretty badly.

“Fuck!!” he roared. “God damn it, Alya! What in the hell are you doing in here?” He continued to wince as he washed the last of the soap off and then turned the water off. He was angry, and not in a sexy, broody kind of way. More like a beast had awoken.

I moved in closer to help him navigate his way out of the tub. I wasn’t sure how much help I was going to be considering our size difference but I felt so bad for the pain I had caused.

“Move. Now!” he hissed. I stumbled back against the wall as far as I could go and gave him some space. When he stepped out and fully put his weight on the injured ankle, his face contorted and he sucked his breath in. As fast as he could he sat down on the toilet seat and yanked a towel from the rack.

“What in the fuck were you doing?” he snarled. “No one asked you to be in here or to join me!”
Tears started welling up in my eyes. “I’m ss-s-sorry.” I stuttered. “I thought you would enjoy it if I surprised you.”

“You thought wrong.” he stated bluntly. “Never assume you know what I want or when I want it.” He stood up and grimaced. 

“Brandon, I’m so sorry” I started again. I moved in to help him to his bedroom but he put his hand up to stop me.

“Just go.” he said. “I need to get ready for work so it’s time for you to go home. I assume you can see yourself out, seeing as how I can barely walk!”

I stood there stunned. I know he was hurt but it wasn’t like I did it on purpose. He has never spoken so harshly to me. To be honest, I was a little bit scared of the man standing in front of me. He seemed so dark and controlling. I knew it wouldn’t be long until the tears were going to start so I hurriedly got dressed and grabbed my things.

As I paused at his bedroom door, I watched him hobble around trying to find get into his clothes without falling over.

“Are you sure I can’t help you?” I couldn’t help but try once more.

“I think you have done enough.” he replied in a low tone. I ducked my head and turned to leave, but not before I heard him muttering about why this is why you never let them stay the night. I hopped into the elevator and made my way to the lobby, praying I could find a taxi quickly.

………………………………………………………………………

I made it home and let myself in. Just as I was about to walk into my bedroom, Chelsea came out of the bathroom. I guess I scared her because she screamed and fell back against the door frame. Looks like I’m two for two today, with surprising people.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH,” she cried clutching her chest. After taking a few deep breaths to calm her beating heart, she questioned what the hell I was doing.

“I thought you were in your room sleeping! Are you just getting home? Did you spend the night with Brandon?” she fired the questions at me. Coming closer she went to ask something else then stopped.

“Ayla, are you crying?” she came up to me and hugged me. “What’s going on? Are you ok??” She began looking me over, looking for signs of blood or injury I guess.

“I’m fine Chels,” I lied. I just wanted to go to my bedroom and be alone. 

“No you aren’t,” she accused. “Tell me what’s going on. Please!  You have me worried.”

I hesitated but knew I had better fill her in. Otherwise she was going to think I was being abused or worse. If she confided in Tara, Tara was likely to jump to some conclusion and either phone the police, a lynch mob or worse, my parents.

I sat down on the sofa and curled my legs under me. I told Chelsea about Brandon texting me last night and the events that led me to leaving his place in tears.  By the time I was done, she just stared at me. Then she began asking questions like how many times I had seen him recently, if we went on actual dates and how he treated me. When I got to the part about how he would not text me for days, Chelsea shook her head.

“Alya, what the hell are you doing with this jerk?” she demanded. “Don’t you see that you are nothing better than a booty call to him? Since when did you let yourself be treated this way? I know Peter acted like an ass more than once, but you always called him on his bullshit.”

I started to get defensive. “I’m not a booty call, thank you!” I said, outraged. “Brandon’s just busy. He has a real job you know!”

“Seriously, Alya? You are going to defend him and his behaviour? You are putting yourself right back into the same situation as you were with Peter, only this time you aren’t standing up for yourself!” 

She crossed her arms and glared at me.

“Whatever Chels. You don’t get it. I love how he makes me feel and how exciting it is. I’ve never felt like this before!” I tried to get her to understand where I was coming from.

“So what? You think you are in love with this dick?”

“Maybe I am,” I retorted. “Why do you care? Shouldn’t you be happy for me?”

“Alya, I think you are just in love with the idea of being in love. Just because Brandon is different from Peter doesn’t mean he’s the one for you.”

I couldn’t believe Chelsea was trying to tear my relationship with Brandon apart. She should be excited I found someone. Who cares if we fought or had bad days? Didn’t everyone?

“Maybe you’re just jealous!” I threw at her. “Finally someone is paying attention to me and not you. Everyone always talks about how beautiful you are and how wonderful. Maybe you hate that he choose me over you!” I was being a bitch and I knew it but I was so emotionally drawn out, having had confrontations with two different people, less than an hour after I woke up.

Chelsea’s jaw dropped and she just looked at me. With tears in her eyes, she pushed past me and grabbed her purse. I felt horrible, and turned around to tell her that I didn’t mean it but it was too late. She rushed out the door and slammed it as hard as she could. 

I wanted to go after her but I just didn’t have the energy. I quickly sent her a text telling her how sorry I was and that I valued our friendship. That I behaved like a child and lashed out at her because I was upset with someone else. I promised that if she forgave me I would never act like that again.

I hit send and waited. After fifteen minutes when I still hadn’t heard back from her, I sent one last text saying “I’m sorry. I love you”. I headed to my bed. I needed to get some sleep before I had to go to work that night.

Hopefully by the time I would wake up there would be texts from both Chelsea and Brandon and everything would be ok.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment